The SkyScan 1172 scanner achieves high spatial resolution with samples up to 50 mm in size. Fast scan and reconstruction throughput is supported by a computer cluster, which reconstructs scan datasets in less time than the scan duration in most cases, using several PCs in parallel. Cross section images are generated in a wide range of formats up to 8k x 8k pixels.
The system was retired from service in January 2021.
- X-ray source ................ 20-100kV,10W,<5µm spot size
- X-ray detector ..............11Mp, 12-bit cooled CCD fiber-optically coupled to scintillator
- Maximum object size... 27mm in diameter(single scan) or 50mm in diameter (offset scan)
- Detail detectability ...... <0.8µm at highest resolution
- Reconstruction ............ cluster volumetric reconstruction
- 35°C below ambient
- 0.5°C accuracy
- Load range: 210N
- Displacement sensor accuracy: ± 0.01mm
- Load measurement accuracy: ± 1% of the full range
- Maximum object diameter : 20mm
- Maximum travel: 5.5mm
- Max object height for compression: 23mm
- Max object length for tensile tests: 18mm